PLEASE, WATCH IT IN HIGH DEF ON VIMEO
Here is the shot description of my showreel.
+00:00:06:00 Sin City: A Dame To Kill For - Digital Compositor - Prime Focus World
- Responsible for keying and matte extraction;
- Roto and paint to remove unwanted things in the shots either wire, objects or cleanup the matte;
- Multipass compositing all the CG Environment to look seamless with the plate;
- Integrate all the digital matte painting element into the shot;
- Camera projection the environment when needed;
- Integrate all the CG FX and Digi Double with the plate;
- Adding 2D elements such as dust, smoke, small particles and gun muzzle flash;
- Altered and added 2D texture on projected CG environment;
- Color grade the shot heavily to achieve desired look of the film;
- Did a technical fix or QC for shots been approved by client.
+00:00:26:00 - Director / VFX Artist - Public Service Announcement - Stop Piracy - Malaysia Anti Piracy Campaign.
- Creating a timelapse of abandon art gallery, Matte Painting created in Photoshop, compositing and animated all elements in Nuke.
+00:00:29:00 - Director / VFX Artist - Commercial – Fund for Creative Industry Malaysia.
- All elements - Modeling, shading and animated the sphere in 3ds Max, Multi pass compositing done in Nuke.
+00:00:31:00 - Director / VFX Artis - Short Film – Tempur
- All shots were track in boujou;
- Layout, animation, lighting and render were done with 3dsMax and MentalRay;
- Keying and roto when needed to integrate CG ships with the plate;
- Composite all CG multipass render to look seamless with the plate;
- Adding practical 2d elements such as dust, smoke, particles, and muzzle flash to integrate with the shot.
+00:00:44:00 - All aspects - Personal Work - Warrior
- Camera matchmove using Nuke Camera Tracker;
- Rough model the building with correct measurement and camera projected it in Nuke for plate cleanup;
- Rotoscoping the live action character;
- Digital Double were model, UV, rig, animate, lit, render in Maya and texture in Photoshop;
- CG objects such as blue and green dumpster, black gate and steel fence on screen right were model, animate, UV map, lit, render using Mental Ray in Maya and texture using Photoshop with a little bit help from Mudbox;
- CG Ground crater and crack were roughly model in Maya then detailing in ZBrush, then using Vector Displacement and Normal map generated from ZBrush used for Maya displacement and bump shader;
- FX small debris explosion were made using Digital Molecular Matter (DMM) in Maya;
- FX smoke were made using Maya Fluid;
- Multipass renders in Maya and did all the compositing in Nuke.
+00:01:00:00 - All aspects - Personal Work – Car Integration
- All elements – Model, Shade, texture and lighting the car in Maya, compositing all the multi pass layer in Nuke.
+00:01:10:00 - Camera Tracking / Matchmove / Layout - Various Shows - Zoic Studios
- Perform camera tracking, matchmoving and layout for various shows been assigned;
- Able to track the shot that has less or none tracking marker;
- Clean up and fixed camera jittering within Syntheyes and perfected it with Maya curve editor;
- Recreate the camera movement in Maya and manually animate it to match the camera movement for the shots that can’t be tracked;
- Matchmove the actor’s and object movement with Syntheyes and Maya;
- Help to create a low res mesh where FX or CG object/subject can be position in 3D space; the low poly mesh also been used for a guideline in layout;
- Matchmove the character, and face expression using syntheyes and maya with the help of Zoic’s proprietary tools.